...

The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. -Horace Walpole

Name:
Location: Singapore

Tutor at NUS.

Sunday, March 09, 2008

Some random stuff

Theres a very nice Fish and Co. branch beside Park Mall. Glass panelled, good ambience, live music which played a good number of 80s and 90s pop songs, songs that brought back alot memories. I mean, when was the last time you listened to Casablanca? Or Words? I love dining places where diners dine in a large space. You get a feeling of comfortable anonymity while the laughter of others and ting ting sounds of cutlery hang in the air.

Talking about eating, the food court where I lunch at on weekdays has closed. It's an out-of-the-way place where the office crowd don't usually go, and what you usually see there are loners like myself or pairs or small groups. These days, I have to take the same road to lunch as my peers, which is not very good from my perspective, so I usually walk some steps behind them so that my perspective would be better. It's important because if they take a right turn at the junction, I will take a left.

If policymakers would meet those old people pleading you to buy their packs of tissue paper on the streets, maybe they would be genuinely motivated to help the very poor. If they would take a few public transport trips in the mornings and a few on weekend nights after 9 30PM, maybe they would have implemented solutions to the overcrowding problem sooner. And if they would sit on a bus late at night, look out the window, and watch the orange-lit streets go past them, maybe they would appreciate some music in their lives.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home