Tehehe
Went to catch Argentina v Germany and Paraguay v Spain quarter-finals at a community center last night. A lucky draw was held after the 2nd match, top prize $1000 worth of shopping vouchers. There was a small crowd who stood by the stage listening to the prize-winners' name read out, and after the last prize-winner was drafted there was a chorus of boos (or "errgh-er") and everyone walked off even though the organiser was still talking. I propose that we find such scenes delightful because we have just witnessed liberated behavior. In an age where graciousness is always harped on (there's a morbid fixation over it on, for example, The Strait Times forum) it is always very refreshing to see people behaving in an honest manner.
And then a lady requested for us to help pile up the chairs. I assume no one helped; I was resolute in getting away, so I didn't look back, and as I exited the auditorium I heard her say, in a reproving manner: "All these young men, don't want to help". This is one thing I like about Singaporeans, and I don't mean it in a sarcastic way.
I watched 20 minutes of Vicky Christina Barcelona on Okto earlier. I thought it was boring, so I went online. And then I saw some comments on the film's Wiki page, which made the film sound very good. So I decided to give it a 2nd try. I caught another 5 minutes of it before I decided nah, this film isn't for me, I have completely no idea why this film is so highly regarded. Life is like that. Someone finds that the film "reverberates with implacable melancholy, a sense of loss," I find that it's little more than Sweet Valley High for adults.
And then a lady requested for us to help pile up the chairs. I assume no one helped; I was resolute in getting away, so I didn't look back, and as I exited the auditorium I heard her say, in a reproving manner: "All these young men, don't want to help". This is one thing I like about Singaporeans, and I don't mean it in a sarcastic way.
I watched 20 minutes of Vicky Christina Barcelona on Okto earlier. I thought it was boring, so I went online. And then I saw some comments on the film's Wiki page, which made the film sound very good. So I decided to give it a 2nd try. I caught another 5 minutes of it before I decided nah, this film isn't for me, I have completely no idea why this film is so highly regarded. Life is like that. Someone finds that the film "reverberates with implacable melancholy, a sense of loss," I find that it's little more than Sweet Valley High for adults.

1 Comments:
Try watching 'Lost in Translation'. It has a score of 95% on Rotten Tomatoes but I think it's just terrible.
Post a Comment
<< Home