Insensitive etc etc
Photos and videos of the Japan earthquake strike me as surreal.

More here.
You might think that I wouldn't find it surreal if I were affected by it. I don't think so. If a loved one died in it the feeling of loss would probably overwhelm any other feeling. But I would still think the images are surreal. If I were going to be swallowed up by a tsunami, a few thoughts would race through my mind. One of them would be that I'm going to finally know what's it like after death. Another thought would be that the earth and the universe will still go on without me, without any one of us. I think I would feel surreal then.

More here.
You might think that I wouldn't find it surreal if I were affected by it. I don't think so. If a loved one died in it the feeling of loss would probably overwhelm any other feeling. But I would still think the images are surreal. If I were going to be swallowed up by a tsunami, a few thoughts would race through my mind. One of them would be that I'm going to finally know what's it like after death. Another thought would be that the earth and the universe will still go on without me, without any one of us. I think I would feel surreal then.
4 Comments:
How fragile we are against the natural disaster....
Disasters, a natural process, happen everywhere, anywhere, anytime just that technology brings us more closer and informed.
I think that's what's exactly in the expressions of the Japanese who are interviewed on the news...
yt
I hope there's no life after death. Otherwise, it would be dreadfully, indescribably, painfully boring.
Post a Comment
<< Home