...

The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. -Horace Walpole

Name:
Location: Singapore

Tutor at NUS.

Monday, January 02, 2012

Simple

I spent the whole of yesterday playing board games at a friend's place. Had a slow start with people not turning up as usual - such is life. And then I realised some people did - and that's what matters. That's what I've got to be thankful for.

Returned home late tired but satisfied. I wound down before sleeping with Schweppes' Bitter Lemon, chilled in the freezer first. Some people like a glass of wine for such moments. I think it doesn't matter. What we all want, while relaxing on a couch or bed listening to some music, is a cup of something strong, something that doesn't tempt you to finish the drink prematurely while your thoughts wander and the music plays. It doesn't matter if it's a glass of wine, a can of beer, or some tonic water. We all want the same thing.

1 Comments:

Blogger bonka said...

Hey SirWhale, I love your writing style! You put into words what the rest of us are feeling, but are too detached from to know what they mean. Keep it up! I'll be back :)

1:00 AM, March 08, 2012  

Post a Comment

<< Home