Presents, and a Presentable Week
Music: Matchbox20--Hand me Down
This one from one of the two albums a classmate burned for me, in exchange for my keane album, but that got me to send 4 others to her. Maybe I should start paying more attention to such pop-rock pieces. Theyre light, with none of the heavy emotions involved when listening to any of my own albums. Yea, especially when life's picking up now.
Monday, 5th July, was the start of interaction with college people after 5 weeks of non-interaction. I remember it was a rainy morning.
The first interaction I got was from a j2 female. She was standing down at the uh, square with her friend, carrying a very handsome bag. And she passed that paper bag to me. And she said this is my birthday present. Im impressed because she managed to surprise me, and few ever do. Its my second substantial birthday gift of 16 years, the first coming from a male and female I got to know in the PAE period. Think they passed it to me after lit exams.
I take both gifts as the symbolisms of this totally new life Im having now. First, from a very unique bunch of people, wrenched apart after two months. Second, from a female, and that’s symbolic enough. Havent opened either. Cant bear to. Saving them for a nice night.
Anyway, told her I hope it didn’t cost a bomb, and she replied it was a bomb.
You obtain a wealth of unexpected…things when well, you don’t expect it. It’s the surprise factor that enhances the experience. I talked to 2 of my female classmates (who, coincidentally enough, were the same two who remembered my birthday), for the duration of the waiting time of the chi orals—and the quantity of words exchanged during that 1 hour far surpassed the quantity of words we would normally exchange in—no joke--2 weeks. Don’t think you shld be too surprised btw. Maybe we shld have more chi orals together. Yea, its really the events that appear not to be sufficient of bonding people that bond; a amazing lot of things can happen in the strangest, or most ordinary, environment, and the unexpected factor really gives it more tastes.
One of them told me someone told her something [that signified somebody knows about me that even I don’t know, and I didn’t know that]. It coincided with…some other things that were happening, and actually is still happening. Think Im getting paranoid, the coincidence is eerie. Isnt often one gets this rather..fresh feeling.
Tan Caiwen and Loh Yongcheng are councilors. Haha. When I first saw them in college, I couldn’t recollect how I had known them, how they had been connected to me in any way. Somehow I just knew them without being in the same class in pri sch. Think I remember already. They were prefacts in pri sch, and I was your classic play-the-fool character. Actually not really classical. Even then I had my own…style and ways already, though I wasn’t aware of it then. I remember always going against them in a light manner, can recollect impressions of joking about with them.
Find it rather interesting the situation is now being mirrored here in college. But oh, it’s a distorted reflection. I can hardly see how I can be that classical play-the-fool, nonchalant fellow against authorities person, even in my own way. Theyre still the same people, but I cant say the same for me. Things change.
Anyway, in accordance with a mystical tradition set in place since the start of the year, Mrs Tan Caiwen [I forgot her long list of attached titles already, heh] popped out of nowhere in the corridors sometime during the week. Once a week, without fail. At least THAT hasnt changed.
I smuggled myself into the library’s store room on Thursday. Class was dismissed early, hadn’t felt too eager to go back home. Coincidentally, that was the same day I passed on some of my albums (4, 5?) to a female classmate for her pleasure—but ultimately to mine. If I could convert males—faithful chi pop listeners at that—into followers of my music tastes back then, I don’t see why I cant accomplish the same with females.
Anyway, had a desire to listen to my own albums then, it being a cold, wet day. So we got into the library store room, she brought the library’s music player, tried to no effect forcing the 2 pin plug into the 3 pin socket, and ended up munching on the library’s supplies of biscuits which they had conveniently placed in the storeroom. Thank heavens storeroom was air-conditioned too. But it was truly a pity we couldn’t get the music going. Maybe I should start bringing those 2 pin thingyies to sch. Heh.
It reminded me of the times I hanged about in sec sch. The times I would gamble with cards in the band area. Still haven’t recovered my losses from Edmund Yeo, lol. He always wins me out in poker, don’t know why. It reminded me of the times I would go to the new block (old sch) with Lim Weixiang, the times I and Edgar Tan and others would hide and gay about in the band store-room, letting the seniors pack up for us. Hahaha. Sigh.
As in some of the times back then, I—we—got caught by a higher-up. In this case it was the teacher librarian, but bah, could’ve scorned the way she disciplined us, just talking like that. Hope I didn’t get that female classmate into too much trouble though, she being a student librarian herself. You know, if it were in the past, if my accomplices were males, we’d just laugh it off after, adding another item to our store of memories.
I met our dear chi teacher of SR during listening compre on Saturday. I asked whether she till remembers me, she said yes. Of course of course, how can she forget one who laughs for an hour during her classes. NY and SR both boast of some caring culture, teachers care a lot, a lot of school culture, friendly place etc etc. SR definitely pulls it off—and NY doesn’t. Fine, if you think Im biased and blind, go ask ANYONE who’s been in SR and NY—or in fact any other college. In fact one of my friends told me one of his classmates appealed back to SR from AJ after a couple of weeks of school. I got closer to the teachers there in 2 months than I am with my present tutors of 4 months, and in fact I think the 2 months is going to weigh heavier than the upcoming 1 year or so. Theres just so little teacher-student interaction, they know our names, they know our grades, but they don’t know our laughter, and they probably never will.
That song they played before the start of the listening compre was nice. Wassat, merry christmas mr Laurence (sp)? Do send me the song if you have it. I only know of one friend who listens, and appreciates, symphonic music more than me (hey, I don’t think I stayed in band for 4 years to learn how to *disappreciate* symphonic music), and somehow, its rather a pity teenagers connect to their feelings through Linkin Park and Sean Paul and all those creatures rather than through symphonies and Enya and Richard Clayderman.
I was in a bus-stop with a male friend, waiting for his pw group to arrive. Don’t know why they split up anyway, after listening compre. We talked for 15 minutes and I asked him where his group was and he pointed to three females just ahead of us, who had been there for the past 15 minutes. Haha, you see, Im not the only one who’s so !@#$%. Think we are very bad influences on each other. Wait wait hang on, think we are very good influences on each other. Haha, yea.
Went down to Vj on Friday and Saturday. Friday, to collect my o level cert. Saturday, to collect my o level cert after failing to get it on Friday. As a form of explanation, VS and VJ are just a couple bus stops away.
Wasn’t entirely satisfied because many of the people whom I called up on Friday weren’t there, people I wanted to meet up with. But I did manage to meet up with Mr Tan Hock Quan and Mr Edgar Tan. Whoo! The latter showed me his new pencil box, I showed them my new black cross trainers, my new black water bottle sleeve, and my new black bag, and told them everything’s changed except my self. And they laughed, because we all know what that means don’t we. Haha.
Anyway Edgar Tan told me he’s secretary for odac. Hahaha, I was just as amused at that as he was amused at me being the secretary for chess club. Really a beautiful parallel when you consider the fact that we were both amongst the slackiest in band, one of the most gay people around. Its really amazing to see how paths diverge then converge alongside. But the difference would be he’d be responsible, and I wouldn’t. Shirking responsibility is a greater art than carrying out responsibilities; the former is definitely the harder of the two when you’ve got to make escape routes for yourself and constantly try to decrease your own workload as…efficiently as possible. You’d never get me to be responsible for things of this sort. Later tomorrow kenna sacked.
Met Mr Khoo Kay Yong in the male staff room toilet on Saturday. Im pretty glad he’s still the same as ever. Met BK and Vick and Untung (sp) and Jiahao and Matthew too. Beautiful, the coincidence. Bk’s in mj now. He asked me how NY was, I gave him my *favourite reply*, he said of course. He had been there in the first three months; couldn’t stand it, got to mj, said he’s enjoying himself there. He had warned me before that NY was not a place for people like us. Ok maybe I should start listening to my friends. Yea I really should.
Anyway think Im the first one in my class to go collect the cert. Really wonder hows everyone doing now. 4J never was a united class, but at least it was a diversified one, and that actually beats uniformity (and from there, unity). Yeayea if there were friends should know where they are, but sometimes it’s just impossible to keep track of so many people. Gary Khoo? Riberd? Prab? Where are they?
Coincidences, coincidences. Bumped into Lee Yixin and keith and chuachuenlong. One of their friend in SR told me many first intakers want to get back there whilst the second intakers want to get out. Lol. ChuaChuenlong in TPJC now, scoring his As now if I wasn’t mistaken. Been long since I walked about with those fellows. Their crapping skills and styles have been refined, I think they surpass me already, and that’s because they’ve got a more conducive environment. Somehow brown doesn’t go with light blue and light green. No joke, felt out of place. I guess its just the contrast between darkness and brightness.
As another coincidence, I met Tan Hock Quan and Chen Yifei on the bus to VJ. Those two still kicking each other, literally speaking. They’ve been kicking each other since sec1, one of the most curious mixture of bad and good blood you can find in a friendship, and its one of the strongest friendships I’ve ever seen btw. A pity Im not there anymore to be the middle man who occasionally got kicked too, as I had been for 4 years. You could always find the three of us, along with lee yixin, the four of us, in a writhing mass of bodies on the ground. That was how the four of us started in sec1, in the same class. Look at how the paths diverge and converge.
Watched a play on Friday, went about with friends from 1 to 10 on Saturday, ran about some race on Sunday, but we wont want to be too concerned over what happened in those events. Some things best for own self, not meant for sharing.
This is how life should be like isn’t it, packed, flowing, full of surprises. I received more than one present this week.
This one from one of the two albums a classmate burned for me, in exchange for my keane album, but that got me to send 4 others to her. Maybe I should start paying more attention to such pop-rock pieces. Theyre light, with none of the heavy emotions involved when listening to any of my own albums. Yea, especially when life's picking up now.
Monday, 5th July, was the start of interaction with college people after 5 weeks of non-interaction. I remember it was a rainy morning.
The first interaction I got was from a j2 female. She was standing down at the uh, square with her friend, carrying a very handsome bag. And she passed that paper bag to me. And she said this is my birthday present. Im impressed because she managed to surprise me, and few ever do. Its my second substantial birthday gift of 16 years, the first coming from a male and female I got to know in the PAE period. Think they passed it to me after lit exams.
I take both gifts as the symbolisms of this totally new life Im having now. First, from a very unique bunch of people, wrenched apart after two months. Second, from a female, and that’s symbolic enough. Havent opened either. Cant bear to. Saving them for a nice night.
Anyway, told her I hope it didn’t cost a bomb, and she replied it was a bomb.
You obtain a wealth of unexpected…things when well, you don’t expect it. It’s the surprise factor that enhances the experience. I talked to 2 of my female classmates (who, coincidentally enough, were the same two who remembered my birthday), for the duration of the waiting time of the chi orals—and the quantity of words exchanged during that 1 hour far surpassed the quantity of words we would normally exchange in—no joke--2 weeks. Don’t think you shld be too surprised btw. Maybe we shld have more chi orals together. Yea, its really the events that appear not to be sufficient of bonding people that bond; a amazing lot of things can happen in the strangest, or most ordinary, environment, and the unexpected factor really gives it more tastes.
One of them told me someone told her something [that signified somebody knows about me that even I don’t know, and I didn’t know that]. It coincided with…some other things that were happening, and actually is still happening. Think Im getting paranoid, the coincidence is eerie. Isnt often one gets this rather..fresh feeling.
Tan Caiwen and Loh Yongcheng are councilors. Haha. When I first saw them in college, I couldn’t recollect how I had known them, how they had been connected to me in any way. Somehow I just knew them without being in the same class in pri sch. Think I remember already. They were prefacts in pri sch, and I was your classic play-the-fool character. Actually not really classical. Even then I had my own…style and ways already, though I wasn’t aware of it then. I remember always going against them in a light manner, can recollect impressions of joking about with them.
Find it rather interesting the situation is now being mirrored here in college. But oh, it’s a distorted reflection. I can hardly see how I can be that classical play-the-fool, nonchalant fellow against authorities person, even in my own way. Theyre still the same people, but I cant say the same for me. Things change.
Anyway, in accordance with a mystical tradition set in place since the start of the year, Mrs Tan Caiwen [I forgot her long list of attached titles already, heh] popped out of nowhere in the corridors sometime during the week. Once a week, without fail. At least THAT hasnt changed.
I smuggled myself into the library’s store room on Thursday. Class was dismissed early, hadn’t felt too eager to go back home. Coincidentally, that was the same day I passed on some of my albums (4, 5?) to a female classmate for her pleasure—but ultimately to mine. If I could convert males—faithful chi pop listeners at that—into followers of my music tastes back then, I don’t see why I cant accomplish the same with females.
Anyway, had a desire to listen to my own albums then, it being a cold, wet day. So we got into the library store room, she brought the library’s music player, tried to no effect forcing the 2 pin plug into the 3 pin socket, and ended up munching on the library’s supplies of biscuits which they had conveniently placed in the storeroom. Thank heavens storeroom was air-conditioned too. But it was truly a pity we couldn’t get the music going. Maybe I should start bringing those 2 pin thingyies to sch. Heh.
It reminded me of the times I hanged about in sec sch. The times I would gamble with cards in the band area. Still haven’t recovered my losses from Edmund Yeo, lol. He always wins me out in poker, don’t know why. It reminded me of the times I would go to the new block (old sch) with Lim Weixiang, the times I and Edgar Tan and others would hide and gay about in the band store-room, letting the seniors pack up for us. Hahaha. Sigh.
As in some of the times back then, I—we—got caught by a higher-up. In this case it was the teacher librarian, but bah, could’ve scorned the way she disciplined us, just talking like that. Hope I didn’t get that female classmate into too much trouble though, she being a student librarian herself. You know, if it were in the past, if my accomplices were males, we’d just laugh it off after, adding another item to our store of memories.
I met our dear chi teacher of SR during listening compre on Saturday. I asked whether she till remembers me, she said yes. Of course of course, how can she forget one who laughs for an hour during her classes. NY and SR both boast of some caring culture, teachers care a lot, a lot of school culture, friendly place etc etc. SR definitely pulls it off—and NY doesn’t. Fine, if you think Im biased and blind, go ask ANYONE who’s been in SR and NY—or in fact any other college. In fact one of my friends told me one of his classmates appealed back to SR from AJ after a couple of weeks of school. I got closer to the teachers there in 2 months than I am with my present tutors of 4 months, and in fact I think the 2 months is going to weigh heavier than the upcoming 1 year or so. Theres just so little teacher-student interaction, they know our names, they know our grades, but they don’t know our laughter, and they probably never will.
That song they played before the start of the listening compre was nice. Wassat, merry christmas mr Laurence (sp)? Do send me the song if you have it. I only know of one friend who listens, and appreciates, symphonic music more than me (hey, I don’t think I stayed in band for 4 years to learn how to *disappreciate* symphonic music), and somehow, its rather a pity teenagers connect to their feelings through Linkin Park and Sean Paul and all those creatures rather than through symphonies and Enya and Richard Clayderman.
I was in a bus-stop with a male friend, waiting for his pw group to arrive. Don’t know why they split up anyway, after listening compre. We talked for 15 minutes and I asked him where his group was and he pointed to three females just ahead of us, who had been there for the past 15 minutes. Haha, you see, Im not the only one who’s so !@#$%. Think we are very bad influences on each other. Wait wait hang on, think we are very good influences on each other. Haha, yea.
Went down to Vj on Friday and Saturday. Friday, to collect my o level cert. Saturday, to collect my o level cert after failing to get it on Friday. As a form of explanation, VS and VJ are just a couple bus stops away.
Wasn’t entirely satisfied because many of the people whom I called up on Friday weren’t there, people I wanted to meet up with. But I did manage to meet up with Mr Tan Hock Quan and Mr Edgar Tan. Whoo! The latter showed me his new pencil box, I showed them my new black cross trainers, my new black water bottle sleeve, and my new black bag, and told them everything’s changed except my self. And they laughed, because we all know what that means don’t we. Haha.
Anyway Edgar Tan told me he’s secretary for odac. Hahaha, I was just as amused at that as he was amused at me being the secretary for chess club. Really a beautiful parallel when you consider the fact that we were both amongst the slackiest in band, one of the most gay people around. Its really amazing to see how paths diverge then converge alongside. But the difference would be he’d be responsible, and I wouldn’t. Shirking responsibility is a greater art than carrying out responsibilities; the former is definitely the harder of the two when you’ve got to make escape routes for yourself and constantly try to decrease your own workload as…efficiently as possible. You’d never get me to be responsible for things of this sort. Later tomorrow kenna sacked.
Met Mr Khoo Kay Yong in the male staff room toilet on Saturday. Im pretty glad he’s still the same as ever. Met BK and Vick and Untung (sp) and Jiahao and Matthew too. Beautiful, the coincidence. Bk’s in mj now. He asked me how NY was, I gave him my *favourite reply*, he said of course. He had been there in the first three months; couldn’t stand it, got to mj, said he’s enjoying himself there. He had warned me before that NY was not a place for people like us. Ok maybe I should start listening to my friends. Yea I really should.
Anyway think Im the first one in my class to go collect the cert. Really wonder hows everyone doing now. 4J never was a united class, but at least it was a diversified one, and that actually beats uniformity (and from there, unity). Yeayea if there were friends should know where they are, but sometimes it’s just impossible to keep track of so many people. Gary Khoo? Riberd? Prab? Where are they?
Coincidences, coincidences. Bumped into Lee Yixin and keith and chuachuenlong. One of their friend in SR told me many first intakers want to get back there whilst the second intakers want to get out. Lol. ChuaChuenlong in TPJC now, scoring his As now if I wasn’t mistaken. Been long since I walked about with those fellows. Their crapping skills and styles have been refined, I think they surpass me already, and that’s because they’ve got a more conducive environment. Somehow brown doesn’t go with light blue and light green. No joke, felt out of place. I guess its just the contrast between darkness and brightness.
As another coincidence, I met Tan Hock Quan and Chen Yifei on the bus to VJ. Those two still kicking each other, literally speaking. They’ve been kicking each other since sec1, one of the most curious mixture of bad and good blood you can find in a friendship, and its one of the strongest friendships I’ve ever seen btw. A pity Im not there anymore to be the middle man who occasionally got kicked too, as I had been for 4 years. You could always find the three of us, along with lee yixin, the four of us, in a writhing mass of bodies on the ground. That was how the four of us started in sec1, in the same class. Look at how the paths diverge and converge.
Watched a play on Friday, went about with friends from 1 to 10 on Saturday, ran about some race on Sunday, but we wont want to be too concerned over what happened in those events. Some things best for own self, not meant for sharing.
This is how life should be like isn’t it, packed, flowing, full of surprises. I received more than one present this week.

2 Comments:
haha. you're wrong! I was the first in our class 4J to get our O levels results. *sticks tongue out*
Really? I suggest you sign with a bigger signature then. Or maybe I should try getting younger.
Post a Comment
<< Home