...

The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. -Horace Walpole

Name:
Location: Singapore

Tutor at NUS.

Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Hate the army

Of the nine-man section I am in a total of three were left today after lunch break. MCs, medical appointments, offs, you name it. Good. Very good. I like this. Their escape skills are admirable.

Please allow for a moment’s silence while take my beret off to 1) the person who skipped bmt (and you can trust he will skip any future sessions as well) 2) the person who got a 2-day MC from the camp doctor the second time.

Please allow for another moment’s silence as I crush my beret in my hands and utter negative things about the army.

The amazing thing is how we still manage to get our work done. We avoided over-time last weekend, for example, after we managed to clear the required vehicles in time for an exercise, when the other section with 6 months of experience more had to come back on Saturday. How did we do it? We rest more.

But anyway, being one of those few back in the workshop today I found myself an unexpected deal. A staff sergeant came around looking for people to do guard duty on Chinese new year and since there was no one about I struck a bargain with him: I will volunteer to do it, only if he promises to recommend 2 days off for me and guard-duty immunity for the month of march. I hope he sticks to his end and I hope my workshop IC approves the 2 days off. If he doesn’t I’ll just have to use my tongue again.

Yea NS does teaches you how to speak up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

any where....any time.....any stage....any situation.....any process..... provides learning opportunity as long as you want to...

7:37 AM, February 07, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home