...

The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. -Horace Walpole

Name:
Location: Singapore

Tutor at NUS.

Friday, December 07, 2007

Male

Urban is a supplementary pull-out of The Strait Times which comes every Thursday, and in yesterday's issue a young man was interviewed and quoted as saying: "I don't wear much accessories except for a simple necklace or ring sometimes. I'm a basics sort of person [when it comes to dressing]".

Well taking his words to represent reality on a broad front, we find that fashion, or just dress sense as we know it is now near an irrevocable disaster. For if one ring or one necklace is the "basics", I do not know, then, what a person like me, who dresses in the same few t-shirts and bermudas or simple pants most of the time with no "accessories", would be described as wearing: Crude? Unsightly? Stone age? Gorilla? And if that is the "basics" too I wouldn't want to know what the fashionable are wearing.

The rise of metro-sexualism is, I would think, one of the greater illnesses of the 21st century. I hope it continues to afflict more males so that conservatives like me will appreciate in value.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Somehow, I do have to agree with that. Rather than calling metro-sexualism a illness, i believe it is a more of a media-product driven consumer society which is ill.

I have got no problem in your dress style. Its just that people are too busy trying to 'look good' to notices what you're wearing.

9:41 AM, December 10, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home