...

The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. -Horace Walpole

Name:
Location: Singapore

Tutor at NUS.

Sunday, September 28, 2008

End of recess week/ F1

Today is the end of a one-week midterm break and this is the breakdown of whether I've met the goals I set out. The answer is, of course, no - I knew I wouldn't finish everything, knowing myself, which makes keeping such to-do lists a bit of an irony. 1 point means I finished the whole task, anything lesser than that means well, I didn't, but still put in some effort.

1. Clear S.Asia readings. (1 point)
2. Clear Philosophy of technology readings. (1)
3. Clear Critical theory readings. (0.20)
4. Send an email. (1)
5. Do 8 characters for some writing mentor project. (1)
6. Do class presentation. (0)
7. Revise physics. (0.25)
8. Read up on physics essay. (0.25)
9. Do Philosophy of technology essay. (0)
10. Do S.Asia tutorial 3 (0.40)
11. Finish Critical theory essay. (1)

Total: 6.1/11 = 55.45% of goals met.

There were also 3 lower-level goals I set.

1. Clear NS deferment (1)
2. Exercise 3 times. (0.66)
3. Do 1 precis. (1)

Total: 2.66/3 = 89% of secondary goals met.

Well it's a pretty low score for primary goals but knowing myself it's the type of score I tend to get usually. S. Asia tutorial 3 was a late-week addition which probably shouldn't be on the list, and philosophy of technology essay is not due in 3 weeks (come to think of it, who would do an essay 3 weeks in advance?), so there's still some breathing space and it's not the end of the world. But it still doesn't deny the fact that I had a less-than-effective pit stop...

Didn't know F1 is so nice to watch. Well, sympathies to Massa, it was going to be a promising race for him. I don't really get the safety-car reset though, which tends to erase most if not all of the lead the leaders have worked so hard for. Since they detail the timings of each driver so thoroughly would it not be feasible to penalise those drivers on their respective time differences? Oh well probably doesn't matter anyway, wouldn't be watching another race again for the next 12 months.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think 55.45% is very good compared to <25%. In fact come to think of it, I haven't even had a yardstick of what to do. So make that '55.45% is way better compared to ???'.

Aquila

2:38 AM, September 29, 2008  
Blogger Miao 妙 said...

When it comes to accomplishing tasks my grade is probably D+. Too bad cannot exercise the S/U option...

8:52 PM, September 29, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

'send an email' is also a 'key' task....that email must be very 'deep'....ha ha....

3:02 PM, September 30, 2008  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

besides 'no of tasks', the other key is 'quality of outputs'. otherwise, it is just measureing quantity or busyness and not quality or results.

ll

8:45 AM, October 02, 2008  

Post a Comment

<< Home