...

The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. -Horace Walpole

Name:
Location: Singapore

Tutor at NUS.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

The stars await

Music: Death Cab for Cutie - Transatlanticism
Book: Stephen W. Hawking - A Brief History of Time

It appears that when you can see through everything you see nothing. This is because your sight would penetrate everything on earth, including earth itself, to the exosphere--and beyond. You'd see through it, you'd see through the stars, through the planets right to the end of the universe. But you'll see through it too, and so we're back to the end of the end of the end of (etc, to infinity, and infinity to the power of infinity, and etc etc again) universe thing (You MUST have considered it when you were young), where there can be no end at all, none that our human minds can grapple with anyway.

I tried to bring this down a different course by suggesting that instead of seeing through all these physical entities when you "see through everything", what you'd be seeing is 'through' the light waves instead. And of course such lines of thoughts tend to collapse on itself simply because, again, they are based on things that are beyond human imagination.

I yearn for that one moment in life where you would receive the ultimate epiphany, that one moment in life where you see through everything, where you get all the answers you ever sought. That moment, of course, is the moment before total, complete death.

I notice that the people I get along well with are the people I cant handle.

Such conceptual musings aside, I've already booked a one-way flight to pluto.

6 Comments:

Blogger Irving said...

i do hope you found your own rocket there.

1:22 AM, May 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And when will the flight take off?

- Miao Yu

9:01 AM, May 06, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you run out of books to read?

whytea

9:12 PM, May 07, 2005  
Blogger SirWhale said...

It's not a rocket it's a budget airline plane.

I dont know when the flight will be, but when it comes it comes.

No I didnt run out of books to read. (How can one ever run out of books to read?) Im just getting back to something lost in me for years now.

Come to think of it now my life seem to be returning back to its original point after one revolution of 5 years- sec1 to j1. Im going back to the stage of primitive wonder.

11:07 PM, May 07, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We always want answers, esp answers to questions which ironically can never be answered. Yet they always bug us and at the same time remind us how small and incompetent we human beings are.

You know, how I wish I can go back to who I was a long time ago.

12:04 AM, May 08, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

then you might like Photobooth by Death Cab for Cutie too...

8:52 PM, May 12, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home