Update
Won a book voucher prize in some minor writing competition, it looks like The God Delusion for me, havent been reading non-fiction for a while. In fact havent been reading anything for a while.
I went to the prize presentation event and after hearing an excerpt from the first prize winner as well as the judge's comments I realised I havent been creative enough, which is quite a pleasant revelation because this would mean I can talk aloud in the next piece.
Last week has been good with no regulars around. I found some pleasure doing mechanical work on one side of the vehicle while talking to my partner who was on the other side, and if such sketchy contentment can be achieved while still being in the workshop doing very uninteresting stuff (how does changing the shock absorbers of a land rover sound to you?) then my hatred with the system must lie with my superiors. Or rather, lie with the concept of regimentation. Or rather more generally, lie with the concept of slavery and corruption and, above all, mind-bursting inefficiency.
This coming week would be a tough one with no breaks in sight. You have no idea how 5 days in the workshop feels like. The following week would be the reward for emerging from this testing period safely, because they've given 3 days off in conjunction with the cny break. After that and the end of february is in sight, and it would be eight more months from there, just eight more months.
There was a scuffle in the workshop with no superiors around. Why do guys like fighting so much?
The Last King of Scotland fell below expectations. It was average and I believe it got such high ratings only because of some stalwart acting by whitaker. Hotel Rwanda is still the standard to beat for films centering on Africa.
I need to have more discipline when it comes to writing. Hit rate has been pretty good, with the majority of competitve efforts yielding results in some way or the other. Efficiency too, with the last assignment yielding a rate of $25 per hour for ten hours. If I could only just find the time and energy to just sit down and do more work...but how to when all I want to do after a day at the workshop is to rest and recreate?
I see your truuuuuuuuee colors, shining through
I see your truuuuuuuuee colors, and that's why I love you
-- The next big thing on MRT stations. Catchy eh.
I went to the prize presentation event and after hearing an excerpt from the first prize winner as well as the judge's comments I realised I havent been creative enough, which is quite a pleasant revelation because this would mean I can talk aloud in the next piece.
Last week has been good with no regulars around. I found some pleasure doing mechanical work on one side of the vehicle while talking to my partner who was on the other side, and if such sketchy contentment can be achieved while still being in the workshop doing very uninteresting stuff (how does changing the shock absorbers of a land rover sound to you?) then my hatred with the system must lie with my superiors. Or rather, lie with the concept of regimentation. Or rather more generally, lie with the concept of slavery and corruption and, above all, mind-bursting inefficiency.
This coming week would be a tough one with no breaks in sight. You have no idea how 5 days in the workshop feels like. The following week would be the reward for emerging from this testing period safely, because they've given 3 days off in conjunction with the cny break. After that and the end of february is in sight, and it would be eight more months from there, just eight more months.
There was a scuffle in the workshop with no superiors around. Why do guys like fighting so much?
The Last King of Scotland fell below expectations. It was average and I believe it got such high ratings only because of some stalwart acting by whitaker. Hotel Rwanda is still the standard to beat for films centering on Africa.
I need to have more discipline when it comes to writing. Hit rate has been pretty good, with the majority of competitve efforts yielding results in some way or the other. Efficiency too, with the last assignment yielding a rate of $25 per hour for ten hours. If I could only just find the time and energy to just sit down and do more work...but how to when all I want to do after a day at the workshop is to rest and recreate?
I see your truuuuuuuuee colors, shining through
I see your truuuuuuuuee colors, and that's why I love you
-- The next big thing on MRT stations. Catchy eh.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home