Goodbye Mr Bean
The Strait Times published an article regarding emo teens, and one of the alleged factors for their condition is songs by bands like The Chemical Romance and Fall Out Boy. Sheesh.
Mr Bean's Holiday is nice. Someone once mentioned that she thought Mr Bean is actually quite a lonely person. During some parts of the film I thought so too. He looked more vulnerable than usual, perhaps because this time round the circumstances that befell him were things greater than a car blocking the opening arc of his own car's door.
Actually what I really admire about Mr Bean is how he always seem both the victimised and the victimiser at the same time. He is victimised by his own innonence - yet at the same time his innocence victimises others. One day I would really want to write an article on him, in large part because we will never see anyone like him again.
Mr Bean's Holiday is nice. Someone once mentioned that she thought Mr Bean is actually quite a lonely person. During some parts of the film I thought so too. He looked more vulnerable than usual, perhaps because this time round the circumstances that befell him were things greater than a car blocking the opening arc of his own car's door.
Actually what I really admire about Mr Bean is how he always seem both the victimised and the victimiser at the same time. He is victimised by his own innonence - yet at the same time his innocence victimises others. One day I would really want to write an article on him, in large part because we will never see anyone like him again.

1 Comments:
Yup I feel for Mr Bean very much, too. Can never forget that scene (in another movie) where he actually sent Christmas cards to himself - nobody else does.
Post a Comment
<< Home