No time
My play got selected for this .
Met up with the actor, the director and an advisor today. Think Im very lucky to have this bunch of people. The actor is taking his masters in literature now, and he seems good enough for the part. The director, I was told, was a very good director in the 70s but stepped on some political toes and hasnt done much since. And the advisor is a close friend of theirs, a well-established writer, a well-known face in the local theatre scene, and the winner of several acting awards.
Was a pleasure, really, listening to them talk about my play and about theatre in general. In that short span of 2 hours they provided more insights on the craft of writing than what I could possibly glean from 20 hours of self revision. They commented that my play isn't absurd enough, and that alone is all the motivation I need to do some major reworking.
Serving the nation is such a waste of time.
Met up with the actor, the director and an advisor today. Think Im very lucky to have this bunch of people. The actor is taking his masters in literature now, and he seems good enough for the part. The director, I was told, was a very good director in the 70s but stepped on some political toes and hasnt done much since. And the advisor is a close friend of theirs, a well-established writer, a well-known face in the local theatre scene, and the winner of several acting awards.
Was a pleasure, really, listening to them talk about my play and about theatre in general. In that short span of 2 hours they provided more insights on the craft of writing than what I could possibly glean from 20 hours of self revision. They commented that my play isn't absurd enough, and that alone is all the motivation I need to do some major reworking.
Serving the nation is such a waste of time.

1 Comments:
r they goin to show ur play...?
only after goin thru ns than u know it is waste of time....n realise how good is freedom.....oso train u how to make use of time, resources....
Post a Comment
<< Home