Hunter or Hunted
Music: Coldplay - Speed of Sound
Book: Antony Burgess - A Clockwork Orange
I felt a wave of calmness after I completed a history test today, and wondered if it was the result of, like a hunter who just arrowed a deer with one fluid precise motion, and who has consequently an invisible smile on his face, the notion of a good kill; or if it came about because, like the injured wolf who has just survived his hundredth duel and can now look forward to licking his wounds in a safe corner, I can now, at long last, take a 2-week breather.
It is apparent that satisfaction is a prerequisite to tranquility, the same way battle is a prerequisite to peace or rather, the appreciation of it.
In any case it should be noted there is never a clear division between the hunter and hunted; one can be either, one can be both, in which case it implies there is a higher order of categories, since they turn out to be allied components of some larger thing.
Boring jungle.
Elsewhere, my literature tutor and a classmate of mine claim to be able to see angels and demons. I have my doubts not because I am highly cynical of all such things (in fact I wouldnt immediately scoff at them) but because they described them as out-of-perceptible-physical-properties coloured forms, in which case I wonder how one could know which is the angel and which is the demon, or since these are mere human constructs, how those things they saw are anything we can classify. The fundamental premises are wrong, or at best, inert to proper clarification and untill they could be properly established I wouldnt believe in the conventional supernatural.
Damnit when you're in this world just live in this world. My personal belief is that there is only one world, one large linear world, and I hope you know Im not referring to physical space here. A pity this belief has to break down as life tends towards non-life ie the afterlife.
Anyway I think wolves are very cute.
Book: Antony Burgess - A Clockwork Orange
I felt a wave of calmness after I completed a history test today, and wondered if it was the result of, like a hunter who just arrowed a deer with one fluid precise motion, and who has consequently an invisible smile on his face, the notion of a good kill; or if it came about because, like the injured wolf who has just survived his hundredth duel and can now look forward to licking his wounds in a safe corner, I can now, at long last, take a 2-week breather.
It is apparent that satisfaction is a prerequisite to tranquility, the same way battle is a prerequisite to peace or rather, the appreciation of it.
In any case it should be noted there is never a clear division between the hunter and hunted; one can be either, one can be both, in which case it implies there is a higher order of categories, since they turn out to be allied components of some larger thing.
Boring jungle.
Elsewhere, my literature tutor and a classmate of mine claim to be able to see angels and demons. I have my doubts not because I am highly cynical of all such things (in fact I wouldnt immediately scoff at them) but because they described them as out-of-perceptible-physical-properties coloured forms, in which case I wonder how one could know which is the angel and which is the demon, or since these are mere human constructs, how those things they saw are anything we can classify. The fundamental premises are wrong, or at best, inert to proper clarification and untill they could be properly established I wouldnt believe in the conventional supernatural.
Damnit when you're in this world just live in this world. My personal belief is that there is only one world, one large linear world, and I hope you know Im not referring to physical space here. A pity this belief has to break down as life tends towards non-life ie the afterlife.
Anyway I think wolves are very cute.

4 Comments:
"Cute" is too fancy, at least I think, for you... LOL... At any rate, I like wolves too.
N i suspect deres smth gg on b/w u n tis Fang Yu...
I would like to meet them.
haha. well, you can't believe in things unless you can scientifically test it out, eh?
Post a Comment
<< Home