...

The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. -Horace Walpole

Name:
Location: Singapore

Tutor at NUS.

Monday, July 25, 2005

Brothers in Arms

Reading academic prose outside your sphere of interest is mentally challenging but intellectually enriching. (In most cases, at least)

Reading academic prose within your sphere of interest is cerebrally draining but spiritually refreshing.

Anyway, upon the arrival of Lord Hans Zimmer after a rather long march:

SIRWHALE: I welcome you with open arms, Zimmer. I hope your troops are not exhausted. And for our sake I hope TheRock battalion is in full strength.

LORD HANS ZIMMER: They are well my lord. [A pause] Our loyalty to you remains. It is my honour to serve you.

SIRWHALE: It is an honour to have you by my side, Zimmer.

LORD HANS ZIMMER: The honour is mine.

SIRWHALE: It's mine.

LORD HANS ZIMMER: It's mine!!

By the way I find The Rock ost to be one of the most underrated ones ever.

The Gregorian paladins have arrived too, a surprise addition to my ranks. Always nice to have these masters of chant by your side. They'd constitute a major part of my New Age army, with Enya the Amazonian Queen leading the charge. On a more down-to-earth note check out their renditions of Brothers In Arms, Scarborough Fair, and in particular, The Sounds of Silence.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Omg!! Gregorian!!! Sounds of Silence!!! !!!!!!!!

yt!

8:44 PM, July 26, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home