...

The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. -Horace Walpole

Name:
Location: Singapore

Tutor at NUS.

Sunday, June 19, 2005

Hehehe

Under the orange tree
Who is it lies?
Baby hair that is flaxen hair
Shines when the dew on the grass is wet
Under the iris and violet,
'Neath the orange tree
Where the dead leaves be,
Look at the dead child's eyes!


-Alice Kipling, sister of Rudyard Kipling

-As cited in Is There An Afterlife? by David Fontana

-Remarkable is the fact she did not know children were buried in gardens in Italian tradition there at the time.

I cant wait to study the book.

Well anyway such dreary things aside there are a few things I would like to get in the foreseeable future, before I die.

1) 400g of famous amos cookies because of the free 100g promotion theyre having now.
2) Some good chocolates. No brand preference.
3) Albert Camus - The Myth of Sisyphus, or any such equivalent book.

4) Some time, maybe a few months worth. But they shouldnt come cluttered with all the mundane things that one can never seem to clear. But in view of impending death is it not ironic we wish for more time? Why? Might as well just end the consciousness in your life once and for all? I will probably spend those few months thinking about this.

5) Some answers. But hey wait, is it not ironic once more we want answers when we wouldnt need them when we're dead? I just need one answer, something abit more than 42.

6) A light sabre.

7) A few good dinners. Actually these should come with the few months but good dinners are worth a few months anyway so we shouldnt be asking for too much by putting them together.

8) Madagascar DVD when its out.

9) A couple of trusty knights, and/or huntresses to go overseas this december.

The things people think of when they're taking a break from maths.

3 Comments:

Blogger Jeanette Chen said...

overseas? let's go.

2:41 PM, June 19, 2005  
Blogger SirWhale said...

The count now stands at 5, but I remain apprehensive because these plans, and people, always dissolve gradually.

I'll have to come up with a written pact or something. Sigh.

12:02 AM, June 20, 2005  
Blogger fishy! said...

Hmm.

Time needed for planning and saving tends to eat into the initial enthusiasm.

My friend was kinda noisy about going overseas at the end of this year too, but he's been quiet since he came up with the budget.

Yeah a written pact is always good.

9:26 AM, June 20, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home