Take for the falling rain a hat
It's Monday 10:45am now, and I'm all alone in my house. A song by Russian Red just came up, it's nice and slow. I'm also waiting on the Agricola play site for a few good players to set up a game. I always relish a good challenge. I'm going to try out a casual French restuarant at Purvis Street later all by myself.
Spent the whole day at school yesterday, sitting in an audition call for my own play. Auditionees were generally weak. No surprises there. I had the thought of withdrawing my script from my collaborators, this prompted by a coincidental expression of interest from another director, a more established one. But nah. I can't do that to them. They've put in a huge amount of work already. Planning, conceptualization, getting a crew and wooing sponsors, setting up the auditions. I can't do this to them. They've put faith in my script, I should repay them the favour. Besides, if I'm genuinely good, I should be able to come up with another attractive script. If anything, losing one of my more valuable virgin prostitute in my stable just gives me the impetus to procure another, an impetus I could use now. If I'm truly resourceful, I should be able to find another.
That aside, the audition was quite a nice experience. There's a certain something sitting through hours with your fellow auditioners, papers strewn all over your shared desk, moments of disagreement, moments of agreement, moments of eating lollipops, having a simple lunch together, relaxing while waiting for the next person to come in. The auditionees gave a nice variety of excerpts. Some did more staple things from Hamlet, American Beauty, The Glass Menagerie. Others had more interesting choices. One did something from Free Willy, another Roald Dahl's Matilda, another an evocative passage from some Anarchist Manifesto. This last one was done by an ITE student. It was good to reaffirm the fact that not all ITE students smoke and waste their lives away. This one carried himself well, and I would really have liked to find out more about anyone who wades into wayward areas. There was also a 13 year old who turned up. Just applying for and showing up alone without her parents is commendable. What was I doing when I was 13 years old?
Met up with a friend and his friends for a spontaneous bored game session after the auditions. We played at Esplanade Exchange, not a crowded place. Played a drinking game, though with water and not alcohol. I'm usually quite skeptical about such games, they don't usually strike me as fun. But this one was quite interesting. During one's turn one had to flip open a poker card, and according to the number on the card had to do different things. Having a J means that whenever you place a thumb on the tabletop everyone else has to do so, and the last person to do it has to drink. Flipping over a 7 means that the last person to raise 7 fingers into the air and say '7 Heaven' would have to drink. Having another card (can't remember which) means that anyone who answers your questions has to drink. Having another allows you to bond another person with you, so that whenever you drink that person has to drink too. Since some of the powers stay with you for the rest of the game, all sort of fun crazy things ensued.
Addition at 3pm: Back from lunch. Went for the Confit of Duck With Orange Segment and Saute Shitake. Despite its long name, it was not very filling. In fact, I had to order another dish because I was still feeling hungry after eating it. Went for the Angel Hair Pasta with One Prawn and Some Low End Caviar. This one was not very filling either, though to be fair I think it was supposed to be a starter portion. The eatery was touted as a cheap one offering decent French cuisine. The dishes themselves are relatively cheap, I'll give you that. The Duck with the Long Name costed only $8.90. But you'd likely need more than a main, so the total bill would come up to be the same as you would come to pay in any other casual restaurant. That said, the food itself was pretty tasty.
Two middle-aged females sat at the table beside me as I was eating my Pasta. They were asking many questions about the food before placing their order with the waiter, who seemed like the owner of the place. At one point he referred to the bowl of pasta I was having, during which I happened to be busy slurping up whatever Low End Caviar I had left in my bowl. They must have been amused, and I was amused consequently. Later on, I asked the cashier why it said '2 Guests' on my bill. She gave a laugh and said she didn't know. I said ok, kept my change and left.
Spent the whole day at school yesterday, sitting in an audition call for my own play. Auditionees were generally weak. No surprises there. I had the thought of withdrawing my script from my collaborators, this prompted by a coincidental expression of interest from another director, a more established one. But nah. I can't do that to them. They've put in a huge amount of work already. Planning, conceptualization, getting a crew and wooing sponsors, setting up the auditions. I can't do this to them. They've put faith in my script, I should repay them the favour. Besides, if I'm genuinely good, I should be able to come up with another attractive script. If anything, losing one of my more valuable virgin prostitute in my stable just gives me the impetus to procure another, an impetus I could use now. If I'm truly resourceful, I should be able to find another.
That aside, the audition was quite a nice experience. There's a certain something sitting through hours with your fellow auditioners, papers strewn all over your shared desk, moments of disagreement, moments of agreement, moments of eating lollipops, having a simple lunch together, relaxing while waiting for the next person to come in. The auditionees gave a nice variety of excerpts. Some did more staple things from Hamlet, American Beauty, The Glass Menagerie. Others had more interesting choices. One did something from Free Willy, another Roald Dahl's Matilda, another an evocative passage from some Anarchist Manifesto. This last one was done by an ITE student. It was good to reaffirm the fact that not all ITE students smoke and waste their lives away. This one carried himself well, and I would really have liked to find out more about anyone who wades into wayward areas. There was also a 13 year old who turned up. Just applying for and showing up alone without her parents is commendable. What was I doing when I was 13 years old?
Met up with a friend and his friends for a spontaneous bored game session after the auditions. We played at Esplanade Exchange, not a crowded place. Played a drinking game, though with water and not alcohol. I'm usually quite skeptical about such games, they don't usually strike me as fun. But this one was quite interesting. During one's turn one had to flip open a poker card, and according to the number on the card had to do different things. Having a J means that whenever you place a thumb on the tabletop everyone else has to do so, and the last person to do it has to drink. Flipping over a 7 means that the last person to raise 7 fingers into the air and say '7 Heaven' would have to drink. Having another card (can't remember which) means that anyone who answers your questions has to drink. Having another allows you to bond another person with you, so that whenever you drink that person has to drink too. Since some of the powers stay with you for the rest of the game, all sort of fun crazy things ensued.
Addition at 3pm: Back from lunch. Went for the Confit of Duck With Orange Segment and Saute Shitake. Despite its long name, it was not very filling. In fact, I had to order another dish because I was still feeling hungry after eating it. Went for the Angel Hair Pasta with One Prawn and Some Low End Caviar. This one was not very filling either, though to be fair I think it was supposed to be a starter portion. The eatery was touted as a cheap one offering decent French cuisine. The dishes themselves are relatively cheap, I'll give you that. The Duck with the Long Name costed only $8.90. But you'd likely need more than a main, so the total bill would come up to be the same as you would come to pay in any other casual restaurant. That said, the food itself was pretty tasty.
Two middle-aged females sat at the table beside me as I was eating my Pasta. They were asking many questions about the food before placing their order with the waiter, who seemed like the owner of the place. At one point he referred to the bowl of pasta I was having, during which I happened to be busy slurping up whatever Low End Caviar I had left in my bowl. They must have been amused, and I was amused consequently. Later on, I asked the cashier why it said '2 Guests' on my bill. She gave a laugh and said she didn't know. I said ok, kept my change and left.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home