...

The world is a comedy to those that think, a tragedy to those that feel. -Horace Walpole

Name:
Location: Singapore

Tutor at NUS.

Wednesday, July 06, 2005

A bed of roses (II)

Music: New Order - Krafty
Book: Albert Camus - The Plague

How about some happy songs, yea?

All of a sudden I find myself missing europe. I miss my two stoic room-mates who, while not open and gayish in that playful sense, are indeed two very fine specimens of the individual from without a group. I still remember this one night the tour group stayed in an inn-like sort of hotel on the top of a hill, a supposedly haunted one. I remember everyone else getting all jittery and stuff while we went on with our business with amazing ease and nonchalance.

We ignored the scratching sounds on our window in the night, as we thought nothing of wandering the really cool (and empty) corridors that were arranged in a rather mazey way. Oh, and the lift broke down on us too.

I still remember us frequently straying away from the pack, invariably pushing the boundaries of our designated roaming areas, willingly losing ourselves to the confidence we had in our abilities to return back home. In fact I think we lost ourselves to a red light district once, though actually it was all blue in lighting, and it was pretty interesting stuff you get to see there. Bet the pack didnt get to see that. One fellow even strayed away from us, really impressive stuff considering we were in foreign territory and it was nighttime.

Remarkable hunter, he.

Sigh.

I miss the rush of adventurism, the rush of leaving the pack,the rush of plunging right into the unknown while at the same time possessing a strength of character to differentiate between folly and risk. (Then again, I was told what doesnt kill you can only make you stronger, so maybe folly isnt so bad after all; in fact it would be nice if it could be an integral part of life. It definitely is part of mine). I miss affirming my identity, I miss being my self with people who have similar selves.

Nice songs over. Prelims in ten weeks. It'll come and go soon, A levels too, and after that I can go about hunting owls at night.

1 Comments:

Blogger [ 妙玉 ] said...

good luck for exams.

11:35 AM, July 08, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home